If you’re a business, social connector, donor, or a volunteer wanting to get involved with Stone Soup, we’d love to hear from you!
Locally, we have two neighbourhoods up and running and three more neighbourhoods starting up soon. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in touch with the following operational Stone Soup communities:
High Park/Junction in Toronto
Carlington in Ottawa
Start a Stone Soup Network program in your neighbourhood!
Stone Soup programs are a great way to help create more just, equitable, and sustainable communities. We have the tools and coaching to get you started. Along with a passion for helping your community to thrive, in order to qualify to be a Stone Soup Network program, you’ll need to have:
- An incorporated charity to work with us (and sign the license and service agreement). Your local church, synagogue, mosque, or temple often make great partners.
- A local champion, ready to devote 10-15 hours a week (paid or unpaid) to get the program established.
- A steering committee, with 6 hours a month and an eagerness to learn new skills (we can help you build this).
Share your commitment to social change!
The Stone Soup Network is currently accepting applications for volunteer Advisory Board members. Be part of the growth of this unique organization aimed at building healthier, more socially cohesive communities. Something that is more important than ever as we continue to witness the growing need among Toronto’s most vulnerable populations due to the impact of COVID-19.
Five years ago, The Stone Soup Network was incubated out of Windermere United Church and founded with less than $1000. Since then, the Stone Soup Network has strengthened the Bloor West community by connecting neighbours to local businesses through thousands of gifts each year thanks to the generosity of businesses who provided certificates for much needed items such as new books for homebound, eager young readers and pharmacy gift cards for isolated seniors. With the impacts of COVID-19 affecting communities
Be part of the growth of the Stone Soup Network.
The Advisory Board is a working board where members, from diverse backgrounds and rich personal experiences, devote roughly 10 hours per month to the Stone Soup Network and its various projects.
We are looking for people who can contribute their time and ideas to:
- Cultivate trusting relationships to help strengthen our community and business outreach
- Make informed and effective recommendations to the Board to support our financial and organizational sustainability
- Develop tools and resources for communication strategies, governance policies and inclusion.
The Board meets every two months, for two hours – usually on Mondays (6:30 to 8:30 pm). In addition to attending Board meetings, Advisory Board members are asked to devote 10 hours per month, to support the activities of the Board.
For more information, please visit: https://stonesoupnetwork.ca/jobs/
To be considered for openings on our Board, please send your resume to email@example.com
Due to limited volunteer resources, we will only be able to reach out to candidates being considered for an interview.
Thanks for your interest!